- Wine IS simple. But only if that’s what you want from it.
- Wine IS complicated. But only if you want it to be.
- The Fountain of Youth was filled with wine.
- Great wine ought to reflect the philosophy of the winemaker.
- Scores are meaningless for 99.9999% of us. How do you put a number to the stuff you were drinking when she said yes?
- If the winemaker is doing it right, he butts the hell out…until (and if) he’s really needed.
- Like Hamlet, wine is bottomless. There is always something more to learn about the great ones.
- Biodynamics may be a hoax. Or…it may be the best way so far to represent a proper relationship between farmer and earth.
- NOBODY knows what terroir is.
- It’s ok to get emotional over a great glass. Wine likes that.
- If anyone tells you you’re drinking the wrong wine, he’s trying to sell you something else.
- Great wine changes over time. Not always for the better…but if you’re interested in the interesting then the ride is usually worth the price of admission.
- Great Cabernet Franc is as sexy as wine gets.
- Wine’s first responsibility is to be delicious.
- The best wines appeal to the head, the heart, and…the loins.
A Little Break
New post on Wine Saves Lives! about a quick trip to visit family, share wine, and acquire peace!